Hair loss has always been a concern for many people. Current days, there are various methods for this problem. If you are seeking herbs for hair growth and thickness then here are a list of herbs that stimulate hair growth those effectivenesses are proven through research. Let’s find out what herbs are best for hair growth below.
Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis stimulates hair follicles, thus promoting hair growth
Different reasons can cause hair loss, including changes in hormones, genetics, vitamin deficiencies, medical conditions such as thyroid disease. Some herbs are proven to be effective in slowing hair loss and promote new growth. We will list some best herbs for hair growth and thickness below.
However, to know which herbs are best for hair growth, it is needed to ask your doctor before adding them to your daily routine, especially when your problem is related to medical condition.
Herbal hair oil
Hair oils are extracted from herbs for hair growth and thickness. These herbals are quite common and thus, easy to find.
Some popular carrier oils which are used to extract herbal oils are coconut oil, sweet almond oil, walnut oil, olive oil, mineral oil, jojoba oil and wheat germ oil.
Herbs which are extracted for herbal hair oils
– Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis is one of the most famous Chinese herbs for fast hair growth, used to make herbal tea. This herb can facilitate hair growth by stimulating hair follicles and increasing follicle size.
– Bacopa monnieri (or Brahmi) is a creeping herb. Alkaloids in this herb are considered to active some types of the protein responsible for hair growth.
– Tridax procumbent (coat buttons) is a type of ayurvedic herbs for hair growth, containing antioxidants and can be used separately or used with other herbs to promote hair thickness.
– Nardostachys jatamansi (jatamansi) is one of the popular herbs for hair growth and strength which can speed up hair growth with its rhizomes. Scientists pointed out its effectiveness in increasing hair growth in alopecia caused by chemotherapy.
– Panax ginseng is herb that is used to treat many different conditions and is herbs to eat for hair growth. The saponins in ginseng are believed to inhibit 5a reductase, thus promoting hair growth, especially in men.
Some types of hair oils can be used as a shampoo or a leave-in hair treatment. Remember to read the instructions carefully to know how to use it in the most effective way. Some types can be applied to damp hair, whereas others better go with dry hair. Keep your hands clean, massage your hair and then rinse as instructed.
Now you have known what herbs are best for hair growth. Just do not choose them randomly because the chemical substance contained in them can affect your health. Be sure you ask your doctor before using these herbs for hair growth and thickness for your safety.